한원강 선교사, 선교 소식 및 기도 편지( by his son, Daniel Han) 5. 6. 2021

작성일 : 21-05-07 14:54
글쓴이HesedKosin 댓글2

This morning, my parents embarked on a one-week boat trip down the Amazonian rainforest with a medical team to deliver medical resources and education material. It fills me with worry and anxiety every single time they go on these trips. Will they wind up like Jim Elliot's crew? Will their boat break down or run out of gas mid trip, stranding them in the middle of the Amazon? Will they catch malaria again for the 8th time?

It makes me wonder what went through my mom's head the morning I was headed to Iraq with the US Army. My dad was in the Amazon without any way to reach her and now her son is heading off to a perilous destination. I woke up to my mom sobbing bitterly on my arm not saying a single word for what felt like the longest 30 mins of my life. I felt helpless, not being able to promise her that I'll return safely. With a happy face and bright voice she prepared breakfast for me, and said "잘있고, 힘내고, 알았지? (Be well and stay strong, okay dear?)". I imagine that what I'm feeling now is similar to what she did then.

Our family wouldn't have been able to survive the long list of myriad hardships we've faced to this point without our walk with Christ. I still have memories of when our family was barely able to afford food. My dad prayed and cried his heart out to the Lord, singing hymns of old from that little black Korean book with his guitar, with some days waking up before sunrise to go to church spending hours praying in tears before heading off to his low-pay hard labor job.

I'm not half the person of faith my parents were when they were my age, but these indelible memories are precious gems worth more to me than anything this world can afford, gems that I can follow now to "cope" with the uncertainty of their safety.

I pray that the Lord do His will, whether their trip ends in tragedy or they return home safely. His will is good (Rom. 8:28) and I'm grateful that my parents have been granted this privilege.

5. 5. 2021

1. Date: 10-26 By: 웹섬김이

2024년 나바호 연합 선교 관련 공문

2. Date: 08-11 By: 웹섬김이

재미고신총회 선교훈련원 개원식 축사

3. Date: 07-21 By: 웹섬김이

우크라이나 난민사역보고(07/14/2023)

4. Date: 05-24 By: HesedKosin

[삼국경신학교] 선교 소식, 3주간 대면 수업과 졸업식 가져.

5. Date: 05-14 By: HesedKosin

우간다 김세현선교사 선교소식, 에스라성경신학교 2회 졸업식

6. Date: 05-07 By: HesedKosin

한원강 선교사, 선교 소식 및 기도 편지( by his son, Daniel Han) 5. 6. 2021

7. Date: 05-07 By: HesedKosin

우간다 김세현선교사 선교소식 및 기도편지( 5.6. 2021)

8. Date: 04-17 By: HesedKosin

[우간다] 김세현 선교사 선교 소식 및 기도 편지(4. 4.)

9. Date: 04-05 By: HesedKosin

[정삼식 선교사 ] 필리핀 선교소식 및 기도 편지

10. Date: 04-02 By: HesedKosin

레소토 선교 김억수, 김병일 선교사 3월 사역보고

11. Date: 03-25 By: HesedKosin

김세현선교사, 우간다 선교 사역 소식 및 기도 편지( 2021.3.24)

12. Date: 03-20 By: HesedKosin

우간다 김세현선교사. 선교 소식 및 기도 편지(2021. 3월)

13. Date: 02-11 By: HesedKosin

[우간다 선교] 우간다 김세현 선교사, 선교 소식 및 기도 편지

14. Date: 12-31 By: HesedKosin

[과테말라 선교] 배광렬 배동자 선교사 선교 소식 및 기도편지

15. Date: 12-27 By: HesedKosin

이상'민 조이'진 가정의 89번째 기'도 편지

16. Date: 12-24 By: HesedKosin

[우간다 선교] 우간다 김세현 선교사, 우간다 선교지 복귀

17. Date: 12-12 By: HesedKosin

[양성식선교사, 아마존] 아마존 삼국경 신학교 양성식 선교사 소식 및 기도 제목